My Journey - CPUT

Wednesday 11 May 2016

2nd Chance Matric Project










I've been selected to be one of the students to mentor and take part in the 2nd Chance Matric Project. The purpose of the Matric 2nd Chance Project in partnership between the National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) and Education Training and Development Practices Sector Education and Training Authority (ETDP SETA) is to provide educational support to learners who had failed their Matric exams or those who wanted to improve their Matric Results, especially so that they could gain access to tertiary education institutions. 

Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) submitted a tender to be a service provider and the university was awarded R1 300 000 to implement the project for 2016 in the Western Cape Province. Currently 532 learners are registered on the project and classes are on Fridays and Saturdays at the Bellville Campus. The Centre for Community Engagement and Work Integrated Learning is used as an Administrative base. The activities on site include coordinating the Department of Basic Education (DBE) matric registration process, conducting classes in five subjects, providing consultations to learners and conducting various intervention strategies. All the educators are registered basic education teachers (of which some are CPUT alumni).

As part of my studies I have to take the role of Mentor to some of the learners. I have 4 learners assigned to me. My task is to motivate them to push through this life changing experience. I’m very excited to take on this role.
If any of my followers have any inputs or motivational messages for me and my mentees, please feel free to comment on this blog. Your support is highly appreciated. 

3 comments:

  1. What a privilege it must be to be selected to be a mentor for these learners. Well done Tanya and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Friend you are truly an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. All i can say is GoodLuck, change those children's lives.

    ReplyDelete