My Journey - CPUT

Monday 29 February 2016

Who am I?

Many moons ago I was born (Issued) in Wynberg 2 Military Hospital. I have 2 brothers younger than me, both living in the United Arab Emirates. I was a pupil at Hopefield High School for 12 years, matriculated in 1996.

After school I went to the South African Air Force (South African Air Force) and worked there as a Sargent in the Military Police.


In 2001 till 2003 I achieved the following Sport titles in Kickboxing: 
2001
Sports Merit Award Air Force Base Langebaanweg - Kickboxing

2001
Honorary Colours West Coast Military Sport Club Sport Award - Kickboxing

2001
SANDF Karate Team – Kickboxing/Karate

2002
Best Academical Student for Detention Barracks Course in 2000

2002
Sports Woman of Air Force Base Langebaanweg - Kickboxing

2002
Sport Personality of the Year – Southern Military Police Region

2002
Honorary Colours West Coast Military Sport Club Sport Award - Kickboxing

2002
SAAF Karate Team

2002
Runner up Sports Woman of the South African National Defence Force 2002 - Kickboxing

2002
Sports Woman of the South African Air Force 2002 - Kickboxing

2002
Represented South Africa in the United States of America (2 Silver and 1 Bronze)

2003
Honorary Colors West Coast Military Sport Club Sport Award - Kickboxing

2003
Sports Merit Award Air Force Base Langebaanweg - Kickboxing

2003
Runner up Sports Woman of the South African Air Force 2003 - Kickboxing

2003
International Sports Woman of the South African Air Force 2003 - Kickboxing

2001/3
South African Kickboxing Champion 2001/2002/2003

2003
Represented South Africa in the United Kingdom (1 Gold and 1 Silver)

2003
Trained at the British Martial Arts Academy in England



Achieved 7 Medals and was chosen or the SAAF Team




After completing my Military contract, I became a devoted wife and mother. I'm a single mother of 2 beautiful daughters, currently in grade 1 and grade 5. In 2011 I embarked on yet another journey and studied Office Management and Technology at Cape Peninsula University of Technology. I passed all 3 years with Cum Laud.

NOW!!!!!!!!!! I'm currently studying Postgraduate Certificate in Education. I have been inspired by my Lecturers to become a teacher myself, especially in CAT. I want to equip myself with the skills to become a qualified lecturer, teacher, mentor, motivator, tutor and peer. 

1 comment:

  1. You have amazing memories Tanya. Awesomely to see what tou have achieved

    ReplyDelete